We have exciting news! Have started a new Community Centre in a village called Rahtoli in Badlapur, Thane District. This will serve villages all around – covering over 50,000 population in adivasi, rural interiors.
During the lockdown, focused relief work was done here after identifying these areas as not being reached by anyone. We reached pregnant women, single women, the disabled, old, families with small children and other more vulnerable groups even among these adivasi villages.
Women’s meetings, youth leadership trainings, free library, free computer & internet access, mental health counselling, life skills & vocational trainings, career guidance, scholarships and other services will soon be available to this unreached population.
- We need help. Some things are needed to set up the centre:
1. Furniture (tables, chairs, desks, benches, stools, mats, etc.)
- 2. Utensils (cups, glasses, plates, spoons, cooking utensils, stove)
- 3. Fixtures (tubelights, fans, table fans, wifi router)
- 4. Study material (books for library, educational charts/posters, white board, notebooks, pens)
- 5. Laptop for computer centre
We can pick up from anywhere in Thane District.
You can also donate here:https://payu.in/web/C4814EEEA45F9CDF2446AE6DFFD7C737, any amount is appreciated, we need to raise total of Rs.50000. We can provide 80G receipts.