We are so proud and honored to announce that our founder Deepa Pawar has been selected the winner of the Special Award – Last Mile Champion for Girls’ Rights in the recently concluded Plan India Impact Awards 2022! There were more than 550 nominations from all over India in each category, and the selection was rigorous by an esteemed jury consisting of IAS officers and ex ministers of India.
The awards were presented by dignitaries including :
- Ms Rathi Vinay Jha, IAS (Retd) : President, Plan India Governing body
- Dr Dyaneshwar Manohar Mulay: Member of National Human Rights Commission
- Mr Amitabh Shah: Founder and Chief, Yuva Unstoppable
- Mr Lov Verma IAS (Retd.): Former health secretary, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India
- Ms. Preeti Sudan, IAS (Retd): Former Health Secretary, Ministry of Health and Family welfare, Government of India
- Ms.Rati Misra : Chief Executive officer, Milaan foundation
- Mr. Manoj Dawane: Former Chief Executive officer, Sony Ericsson and IT Entrepreneur
- Ms.Avani Singh : Chief Executive officer Spice Health Initiatives
- Ms.Upma Chawdhary, IAS (Retd) : Former Secretary, Ministry of Youth affairs and Sports, Government of India
- Prof. Sanjay Bhatt : Department of Social Work University of Delhi
- Mr. JVR Prasada Rao, IAS (Retd) : Former health secretary Ministry of Health and Family Welfare , Government of India and Director General National AIDS Control Organization
- Mr Mohammad Asif: Executive Director, Plan India
We are proud that her consistent, sustained, constantly expanding work for over 22 years is being recognized by different platforms. It is as important that our communities approve of the work, as is recognition at national, international platforms for credibility and visibility.
We are also privileged to have such leadership in the organization who is from the ground, with rich lived experiences, whose highest commitment is to progressive human values, who is constantly collaborating, connecting, visibalizing, facilitating representation of diverse, intersectional voices on multiple connected issues.
These awards always increase our responsibility and put positive burden on us to respond to our ultimate accountability to the communities and Constitutional values.