Introduction: Anubhuti Charitable Trust is a registered organization based in Mumbai and Thane Districts, working primarily with socially vulnerable youth and women for their overall social, economic, and political development. Anubhuti’s vision is for a just, equitable and democratic society. The organisation has reached above 30000 people through programs on youth leadership, community development, mental health, sexual & reproductive health and civil rights among others. All work at Anubhuti is underlined by values of gender justice, anti-discrimination and the Indian Constitution.
Do please check our Vision, Mission and Programs before applying.
Job title: Project Coordinator
No. of positions: 1
Location: Dombivali to Badlapur in Thane District. Some travel upto Mumbai and Karjat is expected.
Job type: Full Time
About the projects and job requirements:
This post is for a Project Coordinator for our Community Development Project which includes work in two semi-rural community development centres in Dombivali and Badlapur.
The Communtiy Development Project is for overall development of a village or basti, led by the initiative of local youth, women and in collaboration with other stakeholders eg. police, schools, colleges, local administration. This includes intervention in any issue as identified by the community’s members – gender justice, civil rights, health, safety, combating social and personal violence.
The profile also includes participation in a related program on Safe Higher Education. This is for equipping secondary schools and colleges to be mental health-friendly and anti-sexual harassment through trainings imparted to students, teachers as well as mentoring the institution to make systemic changes.
We are looking for a motivated, result-oriented individual who likes working with youth, believes in grassroot-led change, is passionate about rights and justice. Experience in campaigns or movements, community work, organizing, working with stakeholders, handling violence cases, creative documentation, and strong work ethics will help.
- Mobilization and networking with communities and stakeholders with the objective to organize people and stakeholders around rights issues, to build collectives / groups.
- Conduct and organize legal, conceptual, skill-based training and awareness activities at community and institution levels.
- Mentor and train youth leaders for community interventions, social action.
- Handling cases of education & career, domestic violence, sexual violence, child marriage, mental health and other related issues.
- Networking and building relationships with colleges, schools, other CBOs/NGOs, stakeholders, local administration, elected leaders.
- Participating in advocacy and research.
- Attend and represent the work at meetings, forums, trainings, campaigns.
- Monitoring & Evaluation of project deliverables – Planning, documentation, budgeting, outcomes.
The Project Coordinator will report to the Director. Community organizers / social workers will be part of their team.
Based on performance and commitment, there will be opportunities to represent the organisation at local, state and national campaigns and attend trainings. This job will give experience in diverse areas of social work such as community organizing, advocacy, counselling, legal aid, module-making, networking, alliance-building, movement-building, collaborating with government, monitoring & evaluation, fundraising, program designing and research with urban, rural and tribal populations. A passion to work for rights and against injustice, and to work with the most vulnerable populations will be highly preferable.
- MSW / Post graduate in similar field
- Female candidates preferable
- Sensitive to issues of gender, caste, class, religious and other discriminations
- Working knowledge of English, Fluency in Marathi and Hindi
- Commitment to values of democracy, equality and anti-discrimination
Remuneration: As per experience.
How to apply:
Please send your CV to [email protected] with subject: “Application for project coordinator”.
Last date 30th August 2020. You will be called for an interview if your CV is selected.